Saturday, March 26, 2011

To blog or not to blog?

So, I think its pretty evident that I'm not the best blogger in the world, I think about it...often in fact, its just a matter of putting the finger to the keys.  Kinda like that gym membership I'm paying for every month...   Todays prompt came from my morning of house work...I recently purchased a new baby carrier/sling for Scarlett, I HATE my baby bjorn (sorry bjorn) so I've been reading countless reviews and scouring the web for a user friendly, sitting position baby carrier that doesnt take me 30 minutes to get on, and require additional adult supervision.  SO, happily toting S on my back this morning while vaccuuming and mopping for over an hour (yes, my floors were BAD), I got to thinking that I love my purchase so much that I should blog about it.  That spilled over into why I dont blog more...its really a matter of structure; I want to have a purpose in blogging, not just a recap of daily goings on.

So, here's the plan, I'm going to try this for maybe 4-5 months and if Im not any more consistent than I am now, i'll probably just cancel my blog.   Others have done daily blogs with themes or focus points and I love reading them...there is no way I can commit to posting every day, but here are a  few topics I'm going to try, it will be a work in progess, these are all subject to change, and I wont do them all, I'll just pick whatever i'm in the mood for that week.

All about me Monday...something about me people may not know

Tasty Tuesday-this is a total copy off several blogs but I like it, and it would hopefully prompt some recipie swapping, I love easy and yummy!

Thankful Thursday-so many things...

Family Friday-Spotlight of the week for someone in my family

***Other random ideas


Around the room-
blog about whereever you are at the time of the post-this could be outside spotlighting a DIY project, inside regarding a fav piece of furniture, recent book read, at work about what you do for a living....oh wait, scratch that last one since I need to keep said job.

Things I cant live without-
***Disclaimer***This will probably regard all things baby and or domestic, I'll try to throw in some fashion pieces every now and then!

Show me the money-
Something thrifty I'm proud of from a flea market, antique shop, homeade, hand me down, etc.  This could also be something i've "splurged" on in the past but consider it to be totally worth it.

OK-Lets start this thing off, as I said the whole reason for the blog rebirth was my new baby sling...without further adieu...it's the ERGObaby sport performance sling, I.LOVE.IT.  My major issue with the BB mentioned above, was the "crotch" holster position of the baby, and no waist support belt for the adult, it literally just killed my back after 15 minutes.

The EG is extremely comfortable for both parties, has three carring positions (side, front, back) and seems to be very well constructed, very light, and machine washable (hello-this is a must in my house). I can wear scarlett in all 3 positions with no assistance getting her on properly, and so far (we've used it about 10 times), she loves, loves it.  She does not however fall asleep in it like other reviewers said, but she has never been a big public sleeper; she needs dark, quiet, and cold like her Momma.  Anywho...the carrier is more pricey than others ($120, insert that thing I said about spurge but worth it); but honestly, I use it every time I leave the house, i'm just not a big fan of strollers for trips that will be less than an hour or two, I'm the kind of Mom who needs to be able to get out of the car, grab sweet baby, and GO.  Its also great for me because S (I'm ok to admit it), is dramatic when left alone or "left out" around the house; this allows us to be together and still keep the home in a manageable state (subject to interpretation of "manageable").

That's it for today...here are a few pics of the sling in action, our first lake hike of the year, and just goofing around the house.


Coming Soon:

DIY 2011:   trees, swingset, gardens, composting

Miss Priss while mommy cooks




dirt does a body good.


Stay tuned for before and afters of the DIY swing set
MUAH! 
AND...Someone's turning ONE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your post ideas & new pictures! Maybe it will be easier to blog with different options than just every day stuff...Good Luck!