Sunday, September 5, 2010

always one more thing to do!

It seems these days I never really have time to get everything done that I want.  Alas, no blogging for the last two weeks.  We have definitely been busy at the Cherry house, Scarlett was 17 weeks old on Friday, and that means that we had her 4 month appointment.  As of 09/01, she weighed 14.6 lbs and was 25.5 inches long.  Thats all good and well until the doc came and in and said "huh, weight and height are good...what's going on with her head?"  Um, excuse me?  Evidently Miss S is even smarter than we originally thought..her head is officially large by my doctors standards and is in the 90th percentile.  What do those graphs really mean anyway?  I think she is just perfect! 
Saturday night was the kick off to the highly anticipated Razorback football season, we all went out to the farm and watched the game on pay per view, they did not disappoint, GO HOGS! 

Today Scarlett and I had lunch with my dear friend Sara and her sweet pea Emily Brooke, we miss those girls so much and it was great to spend some time with them.  After lunch we headed over to David's Uncle Jerry's for more Family time.  David's cousins Brian and Steven were there with their families so it was really great to catch up and just hang out for a while, we don't see them near enough.   After all that, Scarlett is absolutely worn out...I think she literally got so tired it made her sick...when we got home tonight she was so fussy, which is NOT like her, and her nose and eyes are runny with a touch of fever.  We did an early bath and dinner so she is tucked in for the night, hopefully she will feel good tomorrow because we are supossed to get up and do it all over again at the farm with my side of the family.  I am thankful for the 3 day weekend, I covet any extra time I get to spend with my Honey and Sweet Baby Girl!

I feel like I should tack on a follow up note to my last blog...I'm still working full time, as planned.  Its really not any easier today than it was then but, as I've said before, it's all about perspective.  I have several second Mom's at my church and one that I love dearly is Rita, this whole work/stay home delima I've had over the last couple months reminds me of something she jokingly said in a bible class a while back.  One week she asked us for prayers to help her find a job...about a week later she came back to class and said, "yall did too good of a job praying for me...I already got a new job but I was really hoping for that to happen a few weeks down the road so I could take a break!"   Of course she was absolutely kidding, but isn't that sooo true for many of us?  We ask God for something but then we want it on our time, to fit into our schedules.  I'm just thankful to HAVE my job...so, I'm not changing anything anytime soon, God is good and he has answered our prayers, we are so blessed!

Happy Labor Day, much love to all!

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

Yay, I made the blog! :) Those charts mean NOTHING. Emily was in the 100th percentile in weight when she was 2 months and now she's in the 75th. Also, her head was in the 50th and now it's in the 90th! HA! Scarlett is perfect. Miss you!