Saturday, August 14, 2010

And...I'm back

So, as  I have previously blogged, I started back to work 2 weeks ago...full time, slammed busy, jump in head first kind of back.  I'm not gonna lie...the first week back I cried every night.  It had nothing to do with not wanting to work, I have a really great job that I love, but ohmygoodness it absolutely kills me to leave Scarlett all day.  I had such an overwhelming feeling of guilt that I was shipping her off to the baby sitter all day and that I would only have her for 4-5 hrs at night before I was putting her to bed. Throw in there the necessary items of day to day life (dinner, bath time, laundry, bills, preparing for the next day, etc) and I just couldn't handle it.  There was a point where I nearly broke down and my Mom called me out and said that I was acting depressed and needed to snap out of it (just one of the things Mom's are good for, right?).  She reminded me that all things in life are a choice and I am the one making choices in my life.  As usual, she is right...but, here's the thing...the right choice for one new Mom is not the right choice for all new Mom's.  I am a Mother AND I'm a professional.  The reality of my life is that we depend on the financial support of my income...that is our own doing...we could have been more conservative over the last 6 years and I might be typing a completely different post, but we weren't, so...I'm not.  To those stay at home Mom's out there...I commend you, you did the right things in your life to allow you to spend all those precious moments with your children, and I can imagine that you will absolutely NEVER regret making sacrifices to stay home.  To the rest of us working Mom's out there...we did, and are doing, the right things too...the right things for us and our families.  What David keeps telling me (I need to hear it daily), is that we are on plan, a plan that will hopefully allow me to stay at home down the road when my children really need me and will remember it.  What I know in my heart is that we both just have to step back and let God take over, he has blessed us tremendously with every single thing we could ever want in life, and he will always take care of our family.  Leaving Scarlett last week (week 2), was easier...not because I cared any less or was getting used to it (I doubt you ever get used to turning your back and walking out on your baby), but my perspective has changed...I'm doing this for her and her future.

Enough of that...I feel like I have so much I could say but it would probably come out as a bunch of nonesense so I'll pick a few highlights that come to mind for the last couple of weeks...
  • My BFF Haley got a teaching job at the New School in Fayetteville!  She is uubbbber talented when it comes to anything, but especially with children and her gift for creativity and teaching.  I know she will touch many lives in her career and I am so proud of her!
  • I'm LOVING Scarletts full time baby sitter, Abuela (Grandma in Spanish), she is wonderful with Scarlett, lives near our house, super affordable, and just a great person.  (bonus-maybe S will be bilingual!) 
  • We are having family pic's taken (finally) in two weekends out at the farm, Scarlett has a BUNCH of new adorable leg warmers that she will be sporting (remember what I said about needing to work?) 
  • I got my car back
  • Lastly-I've lost 7lbs since starting back to work...this should have been my #1, hooray!!!! 
No pics being uploaded tonight...I will add some later, have a great week and remember to count your blessings, name them one-by-one! 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh, girl! I'm so glad (sad for you) to have someone else in the family who shares my struggles-being torn between career and children and our hopes for the future. I'm praying for you!!!