Friday, July 23, 2010

I didn't see you because I have 50 wicker baskets blocking my view...

This is the lovely excuse "Mr. Old man I forgot to button up my shirt", gave me after plowing into me at the inner section of 264 and Old Missouri yesterday.  Somehow that tid bit of info didn't exactly make me feel sympathetic and the police didn't care for it either, enter the breath-a-lizer test at 9am in the morning.  All chiding aside, I'm so thankful no one was hurt especially Miss Sweet Pea who was in the back seat, Dude has insurance so in the whole scheme of things it's not a big deal.  Onto more fun things, last week we spent the week with my Family at Buffalo River, we stayed in a wonderful lodge (highly recommend for large groups, www.cedarcrestlodge.net) right on the water and everyone had a blast, especially all the boys (big and little).  We were so thankful that Grandma Norma and Granny Carolyn got to come too, they are so loved by all and made the trip that much better.  They were also so generous with their time and babysat Scarlett A LOT so that Dave and I could hike. The Buffalo has always been one of our favorite places and it was great to get out and enjoy God's glory. However, I do have to say that either the trails got much harder since last year or I must be lugging around about 25 extra lbs...unfortunately I fear it's the latter.  SO, I'm doing something about it, the baby weight afforded me a beautiful, healthy, little girl but now it has worn out its welcome, hopefully by blogging this ugly truth, I will be able to stick to it and be back in all my cute Seven and Citizen jeans before my bday on 09/24. Oh how I long for those jeans to fit, I am a jean FREAK.  Here are some pics from the week, I still don't know how to post a pic and write about it, then post another, it never comes out right.  Help would be appreciated...

One more thing, I'm back to work next week, technically my start date is a week from today (Friday) but I'm thinking I may just go back Monday to get in a full week, either way it's going to kill me leaving Scarlett, please pray for me as I am truly struggling with finding the trust and inner peace to leave her.

1 comment:

Kari Beth said...

that is so scary, laci! getting in a wreck with elle in the car is one of my biggest fears. so thankful everyone was okay! i'll be thinking of you next week. so sad you have to go back. but, it will all be okay! if you decide to not go back on monday, lets try to have lunch one day. love ya girl!