Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A little this and a little that

I hope everyone had a great 4th! We went to the farm for burgers and then headed to the Naturals game to watch big Dave throw out the first pitch!  Since I haven't blogged it previously I will use this time to say how proud I am of my wonderful husband.  When I was barely pregnant David had the opportunity to apply for a job a Great Southern Bank, opening in Rogers.  The interview process went really well but disappointingly, the bank opening was going to be delayed so they decided not to hire anyone.  We had basically put the job out of our minds when, out of the blue, my last month of pregnancy, they called Dave again and asked him to reapply for the management position as they were ready to move forward. After several interviews and stressful weeks, DAVE GOT THE JOB!  It could not have come at a better time for us, as this enabled me to take my full twelve weeks of maternity leave and stay home with Scarlett.  Thus the reason for the throwing of the first pitch, quite an honor and I must say he was pretty awesome, I was only disappointed they didn't offer him any baseball pants to wear...those are pretty hot. 
On to baby news...we had our dreaded 8 week appointment today where Scarlett got her shots, we definitely know what the "hurt" cry sounds like now and I hope not to hear it again for some time.  It was a little traumatic for her at the time but today she has just slept and slept so hopefully she will feel lots better tomorrow.  Her weight was 11.3 and she is 23.25 inches long.  That is the 61% for weight and the 83% for height...long and lean...where the heck did she get that?
This Sunday we leave for the annual family trip to Ponca, we upgraded to the Cedar Crest lodge this year and I'm pretty excited about it.  Heath, Andrea, and Luke have been gone for a month so we are so looking forward to spending the week with them and everyone else. Even Granny and Grandma are coming this year, I have a feeling that has to do more with the Grandbabies than the scenery but we'll take them however we can get them! Here are some pics of the last few days, somehow I didn't get one good picture of Scarlett's 4th of July outfit, the bow lasted all of an hour but I do love the red checked shirt and denim bloomers, she was so cute.

No comments: